Snoring is the sound from respiratory structure resulting due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping. There could be mild snoring, the soft sound which later over the years becomes mostly loud and unpleasant. Snoring can happen due to weakness of throat, which may be closing during sleep, fat accumulation around the throat due to obesity, obstruction in nasal passage, obstructive sleep apnea, sleeping on back without pillow, poor muscle tone in throat, long uvla, amongst other reasons.
- Use proper pillow while sleeping
- Reduce the fat around the whole body and throat
- Massage your throat inside to reduce the swelling in uvla and surrounding areas of the throat
- Pranayams- Ujjayi and Bhramri are very helpful
- Simha Mudra, Jalandhar Bandh are good
- Some tongue exercises like holding the tip of the tongue and pulling it slowly with fingers and holding it
- Move the tongue all over the mouth cavity including soft palate.
- Fold the tongue and try to touch the roof top of the throat many times in a day.
- Fold the tongue keep it on the mouth without touching the palate , repeat it 10-15 times
- Press the tongue with the palate and swallow the saliva without lifting the tongue
- Press the acupressure points on the throat
- Do jal neti and sutra neti
- Sing happy songs to stimulate the whole throat area
by: Saroj Modi, Founder, The Inner Startup