Open your eyes to the Allergens around you!
Have you felt anti allergic drugs give only temporary relief, and suppressing one allergy converts to some other form of allergy in us? For example you suppress skin allergy, it could get converted to respiratory allergy or vice versa.
I am yet to meet somebody who has never had either one or few allergies at some point of life or are recurrently suffering from either skin, respiratory, eye or nasal allergies. These allergies typically occur in the form of rashes, swelling, itching, scratching, redness, soreness, wheezing.
I have listed some common things around us that could lead to or aggravate allergies. If you take care of them, you will surely experience a better quality of life.
- Moisture in clothes– Damp clothes, especially during monsoons, should be dried properly before placing them in the wardrobe. The wardrobe should also be opened weekly to let fresh air enter to reduce dampness
- Dirty towels– sometimes kids or adults ignore washing their armpits, which in turn becomes dirty/black/smelly. The same towel is rubbed on the armpits and the face, including eyes, this can cause itching. Towels should always be clean and dry. If possible use a separate towel for the face
- Dampness in walls, floors- Sometimes the dampness can be seen through chipped or cracked walls or it could be invisible but can be felt by touching the walls. Such walls should be treated without delay.
- Old, kept-away articles– Old, infrequently used articles like old photos, albums, old books, newspapers typically carry fungus, moulds etc. Avoid touching your face while using old articles and always wash hands after touching such things.
- Strong smell of paint and varnish– leave the windows and fans open to dry out the paint as quickly as possible
- Some Plants– like Congress grass, pollen, trees that have cotton can create problems
- Moisture or dust in pillows, mattresses, bedsheets, corners of the house, under the cot– Regularly change these or put these out in the sun.
- Car with old seat covers
- Some Indian spices, especially while cooking
Here are some remedies to reduce hypersensitivity in nasal passage (one of the most commonly impacted areas).
- jal neti
- breathing exercises
- herbal treatment
- Accupressure points to clear energy blockages
by: Saroj Modi, Founder, The Inner Startup